SCRAP COPPER RECYCLING
Akat Copper Recycle Services
Scrap Copper Recycling in Chicago. Scrap Copper Recycling is a Good Investment.
We believe in being environmentally responsible. Copper is not a renewable resource. Although the USA is self-sufficient, reusing copper contributes half the amount of copper that goes into new products.
Reusing scrap copper…
• Helps preserve existing copper resources
• Saves other non-renewable resources such as fossil fuels
• Using salvaged copper requires 85% less energy than mining
• Costs for products containing copper are kept low
• Akat Scrap Metal gives you a competitive scrap price for your scrap copper
Scrap Copper – Items We Accept
We accept copper items for recycling such as:
• Insulated, bare copper wire and communication wires
• Copper tubing, piping and fittings from residential and commercial uses
• Copper kitchen items such as pots, pans, and utensils
• Copper sheets, roofing copper sheets, gutters and electrical bus bars
• Copper transformers, compressors, electrical motors
Scrap Copper – How to Get Our Best Price
We want to give you Chicago’s best price for your unwanted scrap copper. Scrap copper is priced per pound based upon the metal and scrap markets. Our prices per pound can fluctuate daily. There are many grades of copper and price is adjusted based on the grade and other criteria. First, the best prices are:
• #1 Copper – is clean unalloyed, unsoldered, uncoated copper such as pipes, tubes, clippings, punchings, plates and bus bars.
• #2 Copper – is copper that has been altered through plating, coating, soldered, sealed treated, or heavy oxidized
Other copper items that have less value are:
• #1 and #2 Insulated copper wire (copper wire with plastic insulation)
• Copper AC coils, electrical motors, compressors, transformers
• Copper machining such as fine shavings, turnings and lite copper sheets and guttering
We take pride in being able to give you the best competitive scrap price in the Chicagoland area. The state-of-the-art facilities we use are equipped to accurately analyze and weigh your scrap copper items.