SCRAP ALUMINUM RECYCLING
Akat Aluminum Recycle Services
Aluminum Recycling in Chicago
Aluminum is not a renewable source
Aluminum recycling is a great way to contribute to Chicago. At Akat Scrap Metal, we give you the incentive to play a part in creating a sustainable Chicago and Chicago Suburbs by giving you top scrap metal prices for your unwanted scrap aluminum items.
Aluminum Recycling is a Good Investment
We strive to be environmentally friendly. Aluminum is not a renewable resource. Scrap aluminum is a major supply source for the US aluminum industry. 31% of aluminum goes into manufacturing new products.
Reusing aluminum accomplishes
• Helps preserve existing bauxite resources
• Salvaged aluminum requires 95% less energy than mining and processing virgin bauxite
• One pound of recycled aluminum can power your TV for 3 hours
• One pound of recycled aluminum is equal to 7.5 kwH of electricity
• Akat Scrap Metal gives you a competitive scrap price for your unwanted aluminum
Scrap Aluminum Pricing
We want to give you Chicago’s best price for your unwanted scrap aluminum. Aluminum is priced per pound on the metal and scrap markets, so our price fluctuates. Prices are based on criteria such as:
• Clean, uncoated aluminum solids, clippings, punching, piping, and tubing such as window frames, siding, litho and diamond plates.
• Other aluminums include: coolers, cast, wheels, wire, cans and shavings.
We take pride in being able to give you the best competitive scrap metal prices in Chicago.
Scrap Aluminum – Items We Accept
We accept aluminum items for recycling such as:
• Industrial and residential extruded window frames, siding and gutters
• Aluminum wheels, air conditioner and vehicle coolers and radiators
• Industrial fabricated frames, machine shavings, litho printing plates
• Aluminum sheet, cast molds, insulated wire, acsr wire and breakage
• Aluminum beverage cans